Creations

Creations

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Inspiration comes from many things...

Or in this case... many people. I started blogging this year and I can tell you that I have no idea why I waited. There are so many amazing and talented people that I have met on this journey. I am truly inspired to think a little more out of the box and create things that are truly pieces of "My kind of Art".
I got this little organizer at a yard sale years ago. I always knew that I wanted to do something with it, but never really took the time to make it happen.

Recently, a friend of mine who is extremely talented sent me some pictures of some everyday items that she had altered and just like that, I now had a plan for it.

It has been sitting in my kitchen for years, being a catch all for everything under the sun. It was time to make it into something. With my friends inspiration and a little work.. I did just that.

The paper I chose is CTMH. I have loads of the paper packets that I have sadly never even looked at. I fingered through the stack until I found a pattern set that I thought would suit this project.


I have been collecting items for so long that sometimes I forget what I have just waiting to be used.. I grabbed what I thought I may need and started in.

I lightly sanded the wood so that the glue and the paper would adhere a bit better. I have never used mod podge before, but I am pretty sure I will be using it more in the future because it worked perfectly for what I was trying to do.

I had over the years collected so many making memories paints, and honestly the only ones in my house that ever used it, were my kids. I grabbed up a few matching colore and a brush or two and worked them into this project.. Before I knew it, I was almost done turning "everyday" in to something "WOW!"

Since I started the project at home, I had to wait to get back to work to put the finishing touches on it because a good majority of my "fun stuff" is at my shop.



Once I got it to work with me, I sorted through some embellishments until I found a few that I thought would really give some extra life to my project, and I wasn't disappointed with what I found.

I have sat on so many supplies for so long that I am more happy with the fact that I am actually using things from my stash than I am about making new and exciting things.

I didn't realize how great this project could actually be until I started to use all the things I had "saved for a special project."

This helped me to see that EVERY project is a special project, and rather than stare at my "Pretty things" all nice and organized, I enjoyed using them finally. I am very pleased with what I created... a true trash to treasure creation that is functional...

I hope you have enjoyed this project with me and it inspires you to use your stash and not save it for something down the line. Thrift stores and yard sales are a great place to find items to make your own.  Create something magical.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your altered items are beautiful! Saw your link on TSY. :)

    ReplyDelete