Creations

Creations

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Projects a Plenty

So I think I am finally getting the hang of this blogging thing... The biggest problem I have is uploading the pictures to share.. If there is an easier way to do this, I would love some help. 
I purchased the Lucky 8 punches when they were first released. I had so many grand plans with them. I think my favorite is making a three sectioned card with them. I start with a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock and create my edge completely around with the punch, then I fold in half and in half again. I really like to sew on my projects so rather than use a lot of Tacky Tape I usually stitch the two sides together to close up the card. Then I create tags to slide into each pocket of the card.. Add a little decorations and call it good. Super simple and a great card to send to someone special.

Double slider tag cards are another of my favorite projects- they work great for sending a gift card to someone. One tag holds the gift card and the other side is perfect for a personal note.
As I posted before I love altering kids books. I really enjoyed putting this "SuzyZoo" themed one together as I have collected SuzyZoo since I was a child. I admit it, I collected stickers in the 80's... and the sad thing is, I still have most of them. When a Friend of mine sent me SuzyZoo paper I couldn't wait to build something with it. I used some embossing folders to create the inside mats and on the element on the front of this little album, I used some "Liquid Glass" to make it a bit more 3-D. A touch of matching ribbon and I really like how it ended up turning out. Think I may keep this one for myself.

Anything and Everything can be used to create a little magic... Scraps, Dollar Store finds, old file folders. Below is an altered re-cycled file folder. I covered it with scraps of paper and added tags and now I have a little something to send when I want to RAK someone.

To the left is a Dollar Store find.. a plain metal tray. A little bit of scrap paper, a few magnets and a small piece of cork and I have a message board for little lists.

Altering items or up-cycling something are really good projects for me. I have more ideas most times than I have time, but I keep a notebook of all my ideas with me... and when I get an idea, I grab the notebook and start sketching it out. Making notes and planning colors to use together.. adding this element or that. I suffer from CRS and if I don't write it down, my ideas usually are gone before I know it.

Well, thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the projects I shared today. Create something Magical!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun stuff to get me motivated! Thanks for sharing!
    <3 Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping over to say hello, friend. Following so I can keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete